Wednesday, March 26, 2014
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Monroeville Convention Center
209 Mall Boulevard
Monroeville, PA 15146
Deadline for consortium member candidates to pre-register is March 14, 2014. There is NO REFUND for cancellations.
(Non-consortium member candidates may not pre-register,
but may attend—see "Registration and Fees" below.)
The following eligibility requirements apply to all students and alumni wishing to attend the PERC Teacher Job Fair:
You MUST have an education certificate or be a candidate for certification by August 31, 2014. In addition to PreK-12 instructional certifications, related education certifications qualify, e.g. OT/PT/SLP, school counseling or therapies, administration, etc.
Family and other guests will not be permitted entrance to the job fair. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE. Also, registering for the fair signs your name giving PERC permission to use any pictures taken to promote the job fair.
REGISTRATION and FEES
- Pre-Registration: The fee for candidates from consortium-member institutions to attend the fair is $10.00 prior to March 14, 2014. After 4:30 p.m., March 14, 2014, registration closes, and candidates must pay the walk-in registration fee. (See below)
- Consortium Member Walk-In Registrations: If you are registering the day of the event, you must meet the eligibility requirements mentioned above, submit a $25.00 registration fee (CASH ONLY), and produce either a valid student ID or a copy of your transcript.
Candidates from non-member institutions: You are permitted to attend; however, you must use the on-site registration option at a cost of $50.00 (CASH ONLY).
WHO WILL BE ATTENDING and WHO ARE THEY HIRING?
CLICK HERE (the password is PERC) to access a list of school districts and organizations and their addresses. This list is updated automatically as we receive registrations. Therefore, refresh your page and/or check back regularly.
To view a condensed list of school districts/educational organizations and the certification areas for which they are looking,CLICK HERE. This will take you to a 3-page FINAL Edition version of Employers At-A-Glance (formerly known as PERC At-A-Glance). last updated 3/23/14 with 150 school districts and educational organizations registered.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Preparation for Candidates: PowerPoint Presentation can be viewed by CLICKING HERE
- Our list of Top Ten Tips for Candidates covers everything from what to bring to what to expect
- Check the PERC website FREQUENTLY for updates on employers registered for the job fair.
- You can expect to speak with school district recruiters (and related employers) from across the United States. Recruiters will be sharing application information and conducting screening interviews that may range from 5 - 30 minutes. Some employers will offer employment contracts on-site.
- Upon arrival, it is advisable to review the event directory which will include employer profiles and a list of certification for which each school district is recruiting.
- Food and beverages can be purchased from the Monroeville Convention Center concession stand (please see diagram on the inside front cover of the directory which you will receive at the event).
- CLICK HERE to view pictures from the 2013 PERC Teacher Job Fair
WHAT TO WEAR
- Professional attire is required for this event. Wear a business suit and bring resumes. Review "Who will be Attending" to determine the number of resumes that you should bring.
PARKING FOR CANDIDATES
- Job seekers can park at the Monroeville Convention Center, if space is available. Do not park at K-Mart or any of the surrounding stores. You will be towed. For that reason, we highly encourage you to use the "overflow" parking with free shuttle service (3 shuttles). This is available at the lower level of Macy's at the Monroeville Mall, between pole numbers 18 and 22. The shuttle will take you right to the Candidate Entrance doors of the South Hall (look for the blue canopy).
- Look for red balloons with directional signageS
- Shuttlehuttle Parking Map
- Entrance: South Hall Entrance --- blue canopy
- Shuttle Pick-up at end of job fair: North Hall exit
DIRECTIONS TO THE MONROEVILLE CONVENTION CENTER
- Contact the Career Center at your participating college or university for more information regarding registration or if you want to pay with cash.