Wednesday, March 26, 2014
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Monroeville Convention Center
209 Mall Boulevard
Monroeville, PA 15146
Pre-Registration will be opening in December, 2013.
There is NO REFUND for cancellations. Deadline for consortium member candidates
to pre-register is March 7, 2014.
(Non-consortium member candidates may not pre-register,
but may attend—see "Registration and Fees" below.)
The following eligibility requirements apply to all students and alumni wishing to attend the PERC Teacher Job Fair:
You MUST have an education certificate or be a candidate for certification by August 31, 2014. In addition to PreK-12 instructional certifications, related education certifications qualify, e.g. OT/PT/SLP, school counseling or therapies, administration, etc.
Family and other guests will not be permitted entrance to the job fair. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE. Also, registering for the fair signs your name giving PERC permission to use any pictures taken to promote the job fair.
REGISTRATION and FEES
- Pre-Registration: The fee for candidates from consortium-member institutions to attend the fair is $10.00 prior to March 7, 2014. After 4:30 p.m., March 7, 2014, registration closes, and candidates must pay the walk-in registration fee. (See below)
- Consortium Member Walk-In Registrations: If you are registering the day of the event, you must meet the eligibility requirements mentioned above, submit a $25.00 registration fee (CASH ONLY), and produce either a valid student ID or a copy of your transcript.
Candidates from non-member institutions: You are permitted to attend; however, you must use the on-site registration option at a cost of $50.00 (CASH ONLY).
WHO WILL BE ATTENDING and WHO ARE THEY HIRING?
A list of School Districts and Organizations who will be in attendance for the job fair, will be provided beginning January 1, 2014.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Preparation for Candidates: PowerPoint Presentation
- Our list of Top Ten Tips for Candidates covers everything from what to bring to what to expect
- Check the PERC website FREQUENTLY for updates on employers registered for the job fair.
- You can expect to speak with school district recruiters (and related employers) from across the United States. Recruiters will be sharing application information and conducting screening interviews that may range from 5 - 30 minutes. Some employers will offer employment contracts on-site.
- Upon arrival, it is advisable to review the event directory which will include employer profiles and a list of certification for which each school district is recruiting.
- Food and beverages can be purchased from the Monroeville Convention Center concession stand (please see diagram on the inside front cover of the directory which you will receive at the event).
WHAT TO WEAR
- Professional attire is required for this event. Wear a business suit and bring resumes. Review "Who will be Attending" to determine the number of resumes that you should bring.
PARKING FOR CANDIDATES
- Job seekers can park at the Monroeville Convention Center. Do not park at K-Mart or any of the surrounding stores. You will be towed.
- If parking is unavailable around the Convention Center, there will be overflow parking with free shuttle service to the front door of the Monroeville Convention Center. It will be located between pole numbers 18 through 22, by the Monroeville Mall (the lower level by Macys) . A pick-up/drop-off area, within poles 18 to 22, will be located across the street from the Goodyear store. Look for PERC red and white "Shuttle Parking" signs in addition to the information provided below:
- Shuttle Parking Map
DIRECTIONS TO THE MONROEVILLE CONVENTION CENTER
- Contact the Career Center at your participating college or university for more information regarding registration or if you want to pay with cash.